How Lack of Sleep is Linked to Back Pain
The Top 5 Back Pain Risk Factors
Spine Center of Texas believes that our patients have the right to be part of the team. We let them actively participate in treatment planning. This is the main reason why we promote patient education through our blog. If you’re currently suffering from neck pain, this is one post you won’t want to miss:
There are a lot of possible health issues you could have if you’re currently experiencing neck pain. There are times neck pain can be cured with the help of physical therapy or management, while there are also cases when a more extensive surgical procedure is needed. We’ll be listing down some practical tips on how you can alleviate your neck pain. However, make sure to always consult a specialist especially if the pain intensifies.
- Try using a water pillow – Many patients experience rejuvenating effects that help relieve their neck pain once they start using water pillows. The reason behind this is that water pillows can be adjusted according to your need. This is a better choice for those who have a hard time finding the right neck pillow.
- Try swimming – Swimming can be very therapeutic on the back and neck area. It helps lessen inflammation, which gives pain relief and pushes your body to do different ranges of movement. You can try this easy water activity to help relieve neck pain: submerge yourself until you’re up your chin and start moving in different directions.
- Try Scheduling a massage – You can look into remedial massages. The oil can help remove toxins and relax muscles. Not only that, a massage can also improve your joint mobility.
- Try acupuncture – Acupuncture can provide pain relief for our neck and different parts of the body. However, always take the time to research and find a good acupuncturist.
- Try checking your nutrition -A lot of neck pain is due to strains and sprains. A diet with proper amounts of magnesium can help your muscles contract and relax. Magnesium is found in soy products, beans, vegetables, and nuts.