Physical Therapy for Back Pain
Maintaining a Healthy Neck and Back at Work
There are many reasons why you might seek physical therapy, whether it be to heal an injury or treat chronic pain, but the primary goal of physical therapy is to recover your mobility. Given the time and effort that goes into physical therapy, it’s important to maximize your sessions so you get the most out of them. The following tips will help you do just that:
- Arrive early – Try to get to your appointments a few minutes early so you don’t feel rushed. This will give you a chance to relax after your drive and get yourself into the right mindset for the session.
- Wear something comfortable – Physical therapy usually requires extensions and movements designed to enhance and extend your range of motion. In addition to any specific items your therapists asks you to wear, such as athletic shoes, make sure you wear something in which you would be comfortable exercising.
- Communicate with the therapist- To get the most out of your physical therapy session, you have to communicate with your therapist, especially if you have any questions or concerns. Also, immediately tell your therapist if you experience any pain.
- Make sure you’re prepared – It’s important to be prepared for your physical therapy sessions by eating properly and keeping yourself hydrated. Make sure you bring a water bottle along with you to the sessions.
- Keep your mind on the therapy- You need to have your mind focused on the therapy session when you’re there, so leave the cell phone at home or turn it off when you’re with your therapist.
- Contact Spine Center of Texas – The road to recovery can be difficult and long. However, our experienced and trained specialists will be able to help you regain your usual mobility as quickly as possible.
These tips will help you get the maximum benefit from your physical therapy sessions. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.